Visa for Belgium
Mandatory form for travel to Belgium
From August, 1st, all persons returning to Belgium and all persons travelling through Belgium and who are staying at least 48 hours must fill out an identification form (Passenger Locator Form). You can find this form here.
!! Change in visa application procedure – new visa application centre
TLS has been appointed as the new partner of the Embassy of Belgium in facilitating the submission of your visa application for your travel to Belgium and Luxemburg. Wednesday September 8th will be the last day that you can hand in your visa application with VFS. Starting from Wednesday September 15th 2021, TLS will handle your visa application.
Please find all the necessary information on the new procedure for your visa application here: https://visas-be.tlscontact.com/visa/et/etADD2be/home. This website contains all information concerning the types of visa, procedures and details about the submission of your visa application. Visa applicants are strongly recommended to carefully read all sections of this website.
The TLS visa application center will be at your disposal Monday through Friday. From 8 am until 2:30 pm. You can make an appointment here: https://visas-be.tlscontact.com/visa/et/etADD2be/info
In line with the European Recommendations and the decision of the Belgian authorities to limit non-essential travel to Belgium for travelers that are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19, TLScontact will only be able to accept visa applications for essential travel in these cases. All other categories of unvaccinated travelers will be unable to submit visa applications until further notice. You can find the list of travel purposes that are considered essential here. Fully vaccinated travelers can apply for all visa categories
The TLS Visa Apllication Centre can be found at the following address: 6th floor Intercontinental Addis Hotel New business complex building, Kazanchis area, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
ACTIVITIES OF THE VISA SECTION OF THE EMBASSY OF BELGIUM IN ADDIS ABABA
Please bear in mind that the possession of a valid visa does not mean that you are automatically allowed to enter Belgian territory. The ultimate decision in this matter lies with the border control and will depend on the measures in force at that time.
Third country (non-EU) nationals not subject to the visa requirement or persons traveling with a visa issued before March 18, 2020, must travel with an essential travel document. This certificate is issued by the Embassy.
To submit your visa application, you must make an appointment with the visa reception center TLS (https://visas-be.tlscontact.com/visa/et/etADD2be/home). New address:6th floor Intercontinental Addis Hotel New business complex building, Kazanchis area, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Before you go to the TLS Application Center, do not forget to fill in the online visa application form: https://visaonweb.diplomatie.be/.
Holders of Diplomatic or Service passports travelling for an official purpose and family members of EU citizens remain welcome to file their application at the Belgian Embassy. Opening hours: Monday - Thursday 09:00 am - 12:00 am, after appointment.
Who can apply in Addis Ababa to travel to Belgium or Luxemburg:
- Ethiopian nationals
- Foreign nationals with residence in Ethiopia
- Djibouti nationals who apply for a visa D
- Eritrean refugees registered in Ethiopia. Please note that in order to apply for a visa, they must present an Eritrean passport or an Emergency Travel Document (ETD) issued by the Ethiopian Agency for Refugee and Returnee Affairs (ARRA) to refugees registered with UNHCR.
- Eritreans residing in Sudan
Other categories should introduce their request in the respective competent embassy or consulate. More specifically, among others:
- Djibouti nationals applying for a visa C should introduce their visa request at the French Embassy in Djibouti
- Family members of a Somali national who has been granted the status of refugee or the subsidiary protection in Belgium, should introduce their visa request to the outsourced service provider TLS in Nairobi (Kenya).
Applicants applying for a long stay visa (D Visa) are requested among others to bring a medical certificate. The Embassy of Belgium recognises certificates from the following medical centres:
- Suisse Clinic: Make an appointment through firstname.lastname@example.org or call (+251) 011 41 61 649
- Nordic Medical Centre: Make an appointment through email@example.com or call (+251) 0929 105 653 or 8901