Visa for Belgium
Mandatory form for travel to Belgium
From August, 1st, all persons returning to Belgium and all persons travelling through Belgium and who are staying at least 48 hours must fill out an identification form (Passenger Locator Form). You can find this form here.
ACTIVITIES OF THE VISA SECTION OF THE EMBASSY OF BELGIUM IN ADDIS ABABA
Please bear in mind that the possession of a valid visa does not mean that you are automatically allowed to enter Belgian territory. The ultimate decision in this matter lies with the border control and will depend on the measures in force at that time.
To submit your visa application, you must make an appointment with the visa reception center TLS (https://visas-be.tlscontact.com/visa/et/etADD2be/home). New address:6th floor Intercontinental Addis Hotel New business complex building, Kazanchis area, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Before you go to the TLS Application Center, do not forget to fill in the online visa application form: https://visaonweb.diplomatie.be/.
Holders of Diplomatic or Service passports travelling for an official purpose and family members of EU citizens remain welcome to file their application at the Belgian Embassy. Opening hours: Monday - Thursday 09:00 am - 12:00 am, after appointment.
Who can apply in Addis Ababa to travel to Belgium or Luxemburg:
- Ethiopian nationals
- Foreign nationals with residence in Ethiopia
- Djibouti nationals who apply for a visa D
- Eritrean refugees registered in Ethiopia. Please note that in order to apply for a visa, they must present an Eritrean passport or an Emergency Travel Document (ETD) issued by the Ethiopian Agency for Refugee and Returnee Affairs (ARRA) to refugees registered with UNHCR.
- Eritreans residing in Sudan
Other categories should introduce their request in the respective competent embassy or consulate. More specifically, among others:
- Djibouti nationals applying for a visa C should introduce their visa request at the French Embassy in Djibouti
- Family members of a Somali national who has been granted the status of refugee or the subsidiary protection in Belgium, should introduce their visa request to the outsourced service provider TLS in Nairobi (Kenya).
Applicants applying for a long stay visa (D Visa) are requested among others to bring a medical certificate. The Embassy of Belgium recognises certificates from the following medical centres:
- Suisse Clinic: Make an appointment through firstname.lastname@example.org or call (+251) 011 41 61 649
- Nordic Medical Centre: Make an appointment through email@example.com or call (+251) 0929 105 653 or 8901