Visa for Belgium
Since November 2018, the application procedure for visas to Belgium and Luxemburg has been outsourced to VFS Global Services.
- All information on the new visa application procedure for Belgium and Luxemburg can be found on the following website: www.vfsglobal.com/belgium/ethiopia/index.html or telephone number +251 960437204.
- Before you go to the VFS Application Center, do not forget to fill in the online visa application form: https://visaonweb.diplomatie.be/.
- Address of VFS Application Center: Morning Starr Mall, 3rd floor, Bole Medhanialem, Addis Ababa.
- Working hours of VFS Application Center: Monday - Friday, 08:00 am - 03:00 pm (no appointment needed).
Holders of Diplomatic or Service passports travelling for an official purpose remain welcome to file their application at the Belgian Embassy. Opening hours: Monday - Thursday 09:00 am - 12:00 am and 2 pm - 5 pm; Friday 09:00 am - 12:00 am.
In accordance with the Visa Code, every visa applicant reserves the right to submit his or her visa application directly at the Belgian Embassy or Consulate competent for his/her place of residence. In order to do so, the applicant is required to schedule an appointment by email with the mission concerned.
Who can apply in Addis Ababa to travel to Belgium or Luxemburg:
- Ethiopian nationals
- Foreign nationals with residence in Ethiopia
- Djibouti nationals who apply for a visa D
- Eritrean refugees registered in Ethiopia
- Eritreans residing in Sudan
Other categories should introduce their request in the respective competent embassy or consulate. More specifically, among others:
- Djibouti nationals applying for a visa C should introduce their visa request at the French Embassy in Djibouti
- Family members of a Somali national who has been granted the status of refugee or the subsidiary protection in Belgium, should introduce their visa request to the outsourced service provider TLS in Nairobi (Kenya).
Applicants applying for a long stay visa (D Visa) are requested among others to bring a medical certificate. The Embassy of Belgium recognises certificates from the following medical centres: