Home Embassy of Belgium in Addis Ababa
Embassy of Belgium in Addis Ababa
Travel to the Tigray, Afar, and Amhara regions is strongly discouraged. Increased vigilance is recommended for travel to Addis Ababa and the south of the countryMilitary confrontations in the north of the country are impacting the stability of the entire country.
The security situation remains unpredictable and can evolve rapidly. You should therefore continue to inform yourself before your departure and during your stay in Ethiopia.
We advise all Belgians travelling to Ethiopia to register on Travellers online
You can find more info here: https://diplomatie.belgium.be/nl/landen/ethiopie
COVID-19 travel restrictions
Travelling to Ethiopia and Djibouti from Belgium is currently still strongly discouraged by the Belgian authorities. If you are travelling to Ethiopia or Djibouti, be sure to fill in your details at https://travellersonline.diplomatie.be/ .
If you are travelling to Belgium from these countries, you must complete the Passenger Locator Form before your departure. More information can be found here: https://www.info-coronavirus.be/en/travels/ .
For more information on the visa application procedure, please visit the page ‘Visa for Belgium’.
COVID-19 – Consular assistance
In line with the social distancing measures taken by both the Ethiopian and Belgian authorities, the Embassy has limited its opening hours and activities.
The consular department continues to provide urgent consular and administrative assistance to Belgians.
For your health and everyone else's, the Embassy is working upon appointment only, on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 9am to 12am. You can contact us via AddisAbaba@diplobel.fed.be or AddisAbaba.Visa@diplobel.fed.be or +251 911 255 583 (only during opening hours).
Only for consular assistance to Belgians in case of emergency (outside of working hours):
- In Ethiopia : +251 967 88 22 72
- In Djibouti : Mrs Izzo +253 21 35 69 73 (or +25377247368 for WhatsApp only) or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Visitors requesting an appointment will have to confirm that:
- They do not have flu-like symptoms.
- They have not travelled to risk countries/regions in the last 3 weeks.
- To their knowledge, they have not had any contact with anyone suspected of having, or confirmed to have, the COVID-19 virus.
If you cannot confirm all of the above statements, please refrain from visiting the Embassy.
COVID-19 in Ethiopia and Djibouti
Please consult our travel advice:
The dedicated telephone numbers for the detection of COVID-19 are:
- For Ethiopia: 8335
- In Djibouti: 1517
For additional information or if you have any question, please find below useful contacts and links
- Our website : www.ethiopia.diplomatie.belgium.be
- Our e-mail address: email@example.com
- General advice of the FPService for Foreign Affairs
- Questions on the situation in Belgium
- Website of the World Health Organisation (WHO)
- Website of the Institute of Tropical Medicine of Antwerp